MINI wheels. Get a grip.
Safety: written in the stars.
MINI Original Complete Wheels are fitted exclusively with star marked tyres. These tyres have been developed in close collaboration with leading tyre manufacturers (e.g. Continental, Dunlop, Goodyear and Pirelli), and are ideally matched to the vehicle concept of each individual MINI model.
All MINI Original Wheels and Tyres have been specially developed for maximum safety and perfectly match the style of each specific MINI model.
Each tyre has passed stringent testing with up to 50 different quality criteria (the EU Tyre Label demands compliance with only three criteria).
The tyres are perfectly attuned to suspension components and adaptive systems for maximum grip and performance.
Tyres with star marking feature high durability, top safety ratings and state-of-the-art run-flat technology.
The systematic use of special materials reduces fuel consumption and lowers noise levels.
The run-flat technology makes it unnecessary to change a wheel right away. It allows the driver to continue their way to the nearest workshop, for example. Additional elastic inserts made of highly hear-resistand rubber mixtures in the sidewalls prevent the tyre from overheating and cathing fire when it has lost pressure. Even with no pressure at all, the run-flat tyre enalbes a loaded vehicle to continue to travel for a distance of approximately 80km at 80km/h.
Check out our range of MINI original Complete Wheels with run-flat technology for your MINI.
The mini star marking.
To achieve the mark of a MINI star, tyres are subject to detailed quality and safety tests, even more rigorous than those for the EU tyre label.
The EU tests tyres for their grip and braking distance on wet roads. MINI tests more. Including:
- grip and braking distance on dry roads
- tyre performance in challenging driving situations
- efficiency of tyre response to motor power
The EU tests how tyres affect fuel efficiency. MINI tests more. Including:
- Deformation resistance – MINI tyres provide reduced deformation, which increases fuel efficiency.
The EU tests tyres for external noise levels. MINI tests more. Including:
- Noise levels inside the car
- Directional stability – how tyres affect the feeling of bumps and vibrations
- Cushioning over road imperfections
MINI also tests in areas that EU regulations have not even considered:
- Performance at high speeds
- Response to steering
- Braking distance in snow
- Handling and stability on winter roads
Wear and tear
- MINI tests and maximises the distance achieved before the tyre is worn down