MINI wheels. Get a grip.
Safety: written in the stars.
MINI Original Complete Wheels are fitted exclusively with star marked tyres. These tyres have been developed in close collaboration with leading tyre manufacturers (e.g. Bridgestone, Dunlop, Goodyear and Pirelli), and are ideally matched to the vehicle concept of each individual MINI model.
All MINI Original Wheels and Tyres are specially developed for that go-kart feeling and in the style of each individual MINI model.
Each tyre has passed stringent testing with up to 50 different quality criteria (the EU Tyre Label demands compliance with only three criteria).
The tyres are perfectly attuned to suspension components and adaptive systems for maximum grip and performance.
Tyres with star marking feature high durability, top safety ratings and state-of-the-art run-flat technology.
The systematic use of special materials reduces fuel consumption and lowers noise levels.
Check out our range of MINI Original Wheels with run-flat technology for your MINI.
There’s no need to save your adventures for summer – MINI Original Winter Tyres are made from rubber mixtures specially-formulated for driving when temperatures are low. This means you can safely master narrow bends, even if the road is wet or covered in snow.
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN WINTER AND SUMMER TYRES?
> Up to 10 % shorter braking distances on wet roads.
> Up to 40 % less tyre wear.
> Up to 50 % shorter braking distances on snow.
The mini star marking.
To achieve the mark of a MINI star, tyres are subject to detailed quality and safety tests, even more rigorous than those for the EU tyre label.
The EU tests tyres for their grip and braking distance on wet roads. MINI tests more. Including:
- grip and braking distance on dry roads
- tyre performance in challenging driving situations
- efficiency of tyre response to motor power
The EU tests how tyres affect fuel efficiency. MINI tests more. Including:
- Deformation resistance – MINI tyres provide reduced deformation, which increases fuel efficiency.
The EU tests tyres for external noise levels. MINI tests more. Including:
- Noise levels inside the car
- Directional stability – how tyres affect the feeling of bumps and vibrations
- Cushioning over road imperfections
MINI also tests in areas that EU regulations have not even considered:
- Performance at high speeds
- Response to steering
- Braking distance in snow
- Handling and stability on winter roads
Wear and tear
- MINI tests and maximises the distance achieved before the tyre is worn down